The firm of Baxter's Bus Services Ltd was founded in 1914 by Mr and Mrs James Baxter and known as James Baxter motor hirer and removal contractor, Coatbridge. The first vehicle to be purchased was a second hand Arrol Johnston, of no uncertain age and was replaced in 1916 by the Clyde, known as "Baxter's Bluebird". Solid tyres, oil side lamps and acetylene hand lamps.
Also See the NLS film http://ssa.nls.uk/film.cfm?fid=6101
We all missed the Bus
Click on first bus pic and use the arrows!!