1. You understand and agree that PreventDisease.com services are provided to registered users ("you" or "visitor" or "User" or, collectively, "Users") exclusively under PreventDisease.com Terms of Service. By completing the member registration process and clicking the "Activate Account" button, you are eligible to open a PreventDisease.com membership account, and you agree to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions ("Terms of Service"), and you agree to be bound by the Terms of Service in effect and as updated by PreventDisease.com from time to time. This service is provided to individuals who are at least 18 years old or minors who have parental permission to open an PreventDisease.com membership account.
2. PreventDisease.com reserves the right to terminate any User's account if PreventDisease.com learns that such User has provided PreventDisease.com with false or misleading membership registration information or has violated the Terms of Service Agreement . PreventDisease.com may not provide any notification of cancellation to any members' User account.
4. PreventDisease.com may modify or discontinue any of its services or any User's account with or without notice to any User, without liability to any User or any third party.
5. You understand and agree that PreventDisease.com services are provided "AS IS " with no warranties.
6. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account number and/or password. You are responsible for all uses of your account, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify PreventDisease.com of any unauthorized use of your account.
7. YOU UNDERSTAND AND EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF PreventDisease.com SERVICES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF PreventDisease.com SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA.
PreventDisease.com EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. PreventDisease.com MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH PreventDisease.com SERVICES (i.e. website, e-newsletter, c-newsletter, web content, etc), AND WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT SAID INFORMATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE.
9. PreventDisease.com WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL PERSONAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM OPINIONS, ADVICE OR RECOMMENDATIONS MADE FROM ANY CONTRACTOR OR EMPLOYEE AT PreventDisease.com INCLUDING ANY ADVISORS ON OUR " Ask an Expert " feature. Experts reserve the right to refuse advising members who abuse the "Ask an Expert" feature by submitting multiple questions in a period of less than 21 days or submitting the same question to multiple experts. Experts also reserve the right to refuse advising members on specific drug information/sife effects or general information which is readily available on our website or through a basic search on our website or other major search engines. All inquiries to our "Ask an Expert" feature will first go through an unbiased filtering system which will manually interpret if a member's inquiry is being directed to the appropriate Expert. Should the filtering system interpret that the inquiry is not suitable for the intended Expert, a health professional will reply with either; comments on the need to redirect the inquiry to another PreventDisease.com Expert, and/or advice on how to proceed through another trained health professional.
10. PreventDisease.com WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE PreventDisease.com SERVICES, RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH PreventDisease.com SERVICES, RESULTING FROM LOSS OF, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF USER'S TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLES.
11. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless PreventDisease.com its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants and agents from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, attorneys fees) arising from your use of PreventDisease.com services, your violation of the Terms of Service or your infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
12. The Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or your actual province, state or country of residence.
13. The Terms of Service will inure to the benefit of PreventDisease.com successors, assigns and licensees.
14. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by PreventDisease.com.
15. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion of the Terms of Service to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
16. The Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter.
BACK TO TOP
1. PreventDisease.com is provided to members FREE of charge on a " AS IS " basis and protected by this legal disclaimer . PreventDisease.com is not responsible for the accuracy of all news, medical content, financial information or any other information displayed on the website . All users of PreventDisease.com are encouraged to confirm the accuracy with other reliable sources . PreventDisease.com is not responsible or liable in any circumstances for any lost profits or other consequential damages that may result from any errors displayed on PreventDisease.com. All the medical content may be used by members only for educational purposes and PreventDisease.com will not be liable for any medical decisions made by anybody based on information displayed on the website or relying on the printable version of the health articles. PreventDisease.com medical content is not meant to guide patients or any users in respect to their health decisions and all users must seek the services of their healthcare provider for all their healthcare needs.
2. Any financial decisions made by PreventDisease.com users based on any financial data displayed on PreventDisease.com are done at users sole discretions and PreventDisease.com will not be held liable for any losses even if the decisions were based on inaccurate information displayed on the website.
3. All advertisement banners are linked to advertisers websites who are solely responsible for the content displayed on their sites and PreventDisease.com does not endorse or guarantee any of the services provided by the advertisers . Also the weblinks provided in individual sections of PreventDisease.com are meant only as an added service to users and PreventDisease.com is not responsible for the content displayed on the linked websites.
4. Many articles, text, images, photos, software, audio and other content contained on PreventDisease.com has been provided by external sources, and PreventDisease.com is not responsible for its quality, merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, whether personal or professional. If any articles, text, images, photos, software, audio or other content on PreventDisease.com has been electronically reproduced in violation of copyright laws, requests to remove content from the website should be made in writing, and sent by registered mail to the address shown on the website under the " Contact Us " link. PreventDisease.com makes every effort to acknowledge the original source of authorship and publication of health news and information. However, on the event that reference sources are misrepresented and/or absent on any PreventDisease.com webpage, requests to modify and/or add any reference source information (i.e. original publication date, author, organization, etc) should be made in writing, sent with certifying documentation of original publication, and delivered by registered mail to the address shown on the website under the " Contact Us " link.
software and audio content available on PreventDisease.com
is provided to all members free of charge for download.
All software and audio content available are samples or
extracts of full retail versions of software and audio tracks
and PreventDisease.com encourages all users to purchase
full or retail versions of software and audio content. Authors
of software or audio content wishing to have their intellectual
property removed from PreventDisease.com must provide certifying
documents of authorship, statement of assertion indicating
that the software or audio content in question and available
on PreventDisease.com was never offered as freeware or audio
samples on any website on the internet, and all requests
for the above are to be delivered by registered mail to
the address shown on the website under the " Contact
Health Articles : All health news, articles and specific content of the digital media on PreventDisease.com is and remains the copyrighted intellectual property of the referenced source noted at the bottom of each individual article (each referenced source links back to the corresponding original copyrighted organization's website), and each referenced source or organization may not have any affiliation or relationship with PreventDisease.com.
PreventDisease.com makes no warranties that the excerpted content found in any article on any PreventDisease.com webpage was used or extracted with the permission of the original organization or author who published the content, whether on hardcopy/print or through any form of digital media. Some material may be edited and/or taken out of its original context and Users are strongly encouraged to visit the referenced source for the exact presentation, author, date, time and specific details of the original publication.
Medical Databases : The Medical and Prevention Literature databases Medline, NPIN, ODPHP, NHIC, USPSTF, Merck, CDC are public information databases and the copyrights are exclusively with each organization.
Health News : News service may be provided by various sources such as Reuters, CNN, or PR Newswire and content of the material is and remains the copyrighted property of the referenced source noted at the bottom of each individual article. See "Health Articles" above for additional copyright notices to Health News.
We are proud to acknowledge links which send internet users back to PreventDisease.com, however please observe the following guidelines before doing so:
|Linking to PreventDisease.com website via another website.|
| - Links must be presented in a way which fairly represents
- The context in which you insert the link must not give your visitors the impression that your site, or your company, is sponsored or endorsed by us.
- The context of the link must not suggest that we have created any of your content i.e. the source of the material must be clear.
- Text links may be used immediately on approval, however you must never reproduce our logo without explicit permission.
|Referencing PreventDisease.com in hardcopy/print.|
- Detail the exact link that the excerpt was extracted from including its full path of URL.
- Detail date including day, month, and year when the excerpt was viewed or the article date if listed at the time of viewing.
- Any hardcopy/print including excerpts from PreventDisease.com must be presented in a way which fairly represents us.
- The context in which you insert the excerpt from PreventDisease.com for hardcopy/printlink must not give your visitors the impression that your site, or your company, is sponsored or endorsed by us.
- Any hardcopy/print must not suggest that we have created any of your content i.e. the source of the material must be clear.
- Any reference source we have noted at the base of the article must be included in print with acknowledgement of original news source (i.e. Reuters Health, HealthDay, CNN, Associated Press, etc).
- You must never reproduce our logo without explicit permission.
(2003) James Doerlin. Obesity Cuts Life Span For Young Adults. Reuters Health. Viewed on PreventDisease.com website Jan 8/03. http://preventdisease.com/news/articles/obesity_cuts_life_span.shtml
(2003) Obesity Cuts Life Span For Young Adults. Reuters Health. Viewed on PreventDisease.com website Jan 8/03. http://preventdisease.com/news/articles/obesity_cuts_life_span.shtml
All logos of sponsoring companies and News providers displayed in the PreventDisease.com and on other sections of the website are the copyrighted property of individual companies. All other logos or trademarks displayed for free downloads of browsers and other plug - ins are displayed only as a service to members and are copyrighted to the respective companies.
members are bound by international copyright protection
laws and reproduction in print or any electronic media of
the content displayed on PreventDisease.com including hyperlinking
frames or otherwise to other websites is strictly prohibited
without written permission.
1. We cannot provide you with contact information of authors unless they authorize the release of such information. If the contact information by one or more authors is not on the credit note at the bottom of the article, the author(s) cannot be contacted by inquiries made via our website.
2. We cannot help you research facts written in the articles. All Preventdisease.com articles are written by a diverse group of volunteer and professional writers worldwide. We have a very small internal editing authority, so all authors follow a strict set of guidelines that must adhere to both empirical and scientific evidence to support each article. Preventdisease.com or its authors do not write the scientific documentation or establish the studies referenced. Before you make a complaint, you must first ensure you CANNOT find other reputable sources that corroborate the author's article and its claims. Regardless of your assertions and opinions on accuracy or credibility, your complaint will have little chance of being addressed if there are other external reputable sources supporting the content of the author's article. The internal editing authority will reasonably judge the reputability of sources if a complaint is made. The sources may not be entirely mainstream or alternative but rather a combination of both. Moreover, if your sources are solely based on scientific studies while ignoring empirical information, your complaint will be dismissed.
We will not change the content of articles unless the problem
is evident to a layman (such as gratuitous profanity, clerical
or grammatical errors). In particular, it is useless to
send us scientific or historical arguments by email that
quote institutional, regulatory or government agencies.
A large majority of our content is based on a combination
of scientific, empirical and factual information. This typically
opposes mainstream institutional, regulatory, government,
and conventional practices for disease prevention, which
are often biased and frequently based on fraudulent
. Basing your argument on the research, statements
or policies of such agencies is futile and we strongly recommend
you examine both mainstream and alternative sources before
launching your complaint.
4. Without an investigation, we will not change the content of articles that may offend the integrity of a specific product or service. If you feel the content of an article is grossly misrepresenting your product or service, you may send us your complaint and make a suggestion for correction. We guarantee that your suggestion will be reviewed but we will not guarantee any corrections will be made without further investigation by internal and external editing authorities including the original author. Before any corrections are made, the editing authorities will have a maximum of 6 months to research and resolve the complaint so that the final edit will be mutually acceptable by both the editing authorities and the complainant.
complaints must be sent in writing to:
Security and Privacy Dept.
P.O.Box 2087, SQ1 Stn
100 City Centre Dr.
Mississauga, ONT, L5B3C6