River Spirit Golf Tournaments
Choose River Spirit Golf Club as the location of your next golf event. From the moment you begin coordination until the final award is handed out, we are here to serve you. Whether you plan to hold a large corporate or charity event, or just a group of 12 on a golf getaway, we ensure your complete satisfaction. To get your planning underway, call (403) 246-4776.
See our tournament package
If you are looking to book a group of 12-28 without all the extras that come with a complete tournament package, check out our group block booking package and our block booking agreement .
Experience Alberta Golf
River Spirit Golf Club combines a great golf experience with the unmatched beauty of the Calgary landscape. Our seamless integration of friendly service and picturesque natural surroundings will bring your group back year after year. Your guests are sure to enjoy the hospitality of our staff along with the graceful beauty of our facility.
The Tradition Lives On
Each year River Spirit entertains numerous private groups and organizations. Regardless of the size of the group or the reason for their golf event, our staff works diligently to make their golf outing a success. Explore your options with River Spirit Golf Club and experience what has made our golf course one of Alberta's best.
Event Planning Checklist
The team at River Spirit Golf Club will assist you in all your tournament planning needs, but here are a few tips you may want to keep in mind for running a successful tournament: Up to 1 year in advance:
- Establish your tournament organizing committee, and name a Chair or Co-Chairs.
- Establish the purpose of your tournament - corporate networking, fundraising, or a combination of both.
- Select a date - what is your preferred date and start time, and your second choice?
- Set up a budget - remembering to allocate money for food, beverages, prizes, green fees, carts, Tee gifts, photography, etc.
- Book your course NOW. Prime dates are booked up to a year in advance.
- Select your tournament format - scramble, match play, stroke play, best ball.
- Solicit volunteers for assistance during event.
- Arrange for sponsorships (event sponsor, tee signage, prizes, dinner and or lunch sponsors, etc).
- Confirm contests that you would like to include - i.e. closest to the hole, longest drive, straightest drive.
- Don't forget Hole-In-One insurance if required. Let us know the prize value and we can arrange the insurance
3 to 6 months in advance:
- Put together your invitation list and send out at least 60 or more days in advance.
- Coordinate "goody" bags - focus on quality and not necessarily quantity.
- Solicit or order prizing for the event.
- Meet with the course Food & Beverage Manager to finalize menus.
- Confirm on-site registration details-a well-organized check-in is vital to ensure a successful tournament.
Up to one month prior to event:
- Send out confirmation to participants including final details, agenda, directions etc (ideally up to 1 week in advance).
- Meet with course representative to confirm details of event, including final numbers, logistics.
- Confirm delivery of all items from suppliers, including signage, prizes, etc. We require prizes/signage to be delivered the day before if possible.
- Organize registration tables in advance-Are players pre-registered? Do some players still need to pay? How will you distribute tee gifts etc?
Call River Spirit Golf Club and let us help make your next golf tournament a resounding success!