Playground Safety Inspections
Safe 2 Play – Certified Matters completes safety surface head injury criterion testing and GMAX testing for playgrounds / surface hardness on playgrounds. We also test sports fields that measure GMAX or G-Max and turf infill depth.
GMAX and Head Injury Criterion Safety Surface Testing
Choose which test you require:
Playground Safety Inspections
Playground inspections are important for two reasons:
- Help to keep your playground safe
- Help to protect your organization legally by maintaining a standard of care
At Safe to Play, we have expertise in park, playground and sports field safety and ADA compliance. We provide safety inspections, plan reviews, certified ASTM, CPSC playground safety reports as well as maintenance and inspection training. Inspection training includes general maintenance requirements and safety issues and custom inspection forms. We provide you with a complete post-inspection safety report, including relevant safety standard information, written reports, photographic documentation, recommendations of how to resolve any safety violations, and a live presentation of the completed report to your organization, if desired.
- Avoid law suits
- Identify and help reduce risk
- Limit organization’s liability
- Ensure the safety of children
- Peace of mind
- Maintain standard of care
- Reduce number of injuries
- Easy to understand report with detailed photos.
- Fast, next day service (Upon availability)
Safe 2 Play Services
- Playground Safety Audits
- Customized Safety Training
- Annual Inspection Programs
- Playground Design
- Safety Signs / Warning Labels
- Certificate of Compliance
- Safety Surface Testing
- Playground Repairs:
- Safety Surface
- Poured In Place Rubber
- Artificial Turf & more…
Playground Safety Regulations
- The regulations apply to all playgrounds open to the public including church, subdivision, child care setting, and any public agency including state, city, county, school district, and any other district.
- Public playgrounds must comply with all playground related specifications of ASTM and CPSC, the two standards required by the state of California.
- Before a playground is open to the public, it must be inspected and approved by a NPSI Certified Playground Safety Inspector. Installation by a Manufacturer authorized installer is not sufficient.
Craig Faitel has been a professional consultant for over 25 years working with organizations of all sizes. He has audited and inspected hundreds of different types of equipment and areas. He has worked for the nation’s largest playground manufacturer in design and sales consulting. He is a CERTIFIED PLAYGROUND SAFETY INSPECTOR, creator of many instructional videos and blogs. Craig is a member of the National Playground Builders Association, California Parks and Recreation Society CPRS.
Playground Safety Inspector Certification License # 24607-0717 National Recreation & Parks Society
- $2,000,000 General Liability
- $1,000,000 Professional Liability
- $1,000,000 Auto
Inspections and audits for:
- school systems
- private schools
- daycare centers
- homeowners’ associations
- religious organizations
- ada compliance
- commercial playground operators
- and other organizations
Photo of recently designed park in Fremont California
Is your playground safe?
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, 200,000 children are treated annually for playground accidents.
Of these, 70%, or 140,000 occurred at public parks and schoolyards.
Safe to Play, Playground Safety Inspections conducts playground inspections and audits for all public and commercial institutions which include school systems, private schools, daycare centers, homeowners’ associations, and other organizations. Our company offers inspections, safety services and consulting for all types of playground issues. We have years of experience designing Parks and Recreation facilities including play areas and play equipment. We are fully insured for all of the services that we offer.
California Certified Playground Safety Inspector, CPSI : # 18677-0914
We are certified by the National Playground Safety Institute of the National Parks and Recreation Association with license # 18677-0914
Commercial Playground Inspections
Do you have a public or commercial playground that needs to be inspected? Maintain your playground safety with a certified playground inspection, CPSI.