Yahoo
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Monaco’s Caio Henrique out of Lille game; Paul Pogba ready to go again

Monaco’s Caio Henrique out of Lille game; Paul Pogba ready to go again
Monaco ’s Caio Henrique out of Lille game; Paul Pogba ready to go again

AS Monaco will be without Caio Henrique for Sunday’s match against Lille OSC . The Brazilian had been close to a return from a hamstring injury, but has now suffered a setback, Sébastien Pocognoli has confirmed.

The Brazil international had been training with the first team. However, Pocognoli has confirmed that he has sustained another muscular injury – not necessarily a relapse – that will require tests in the coming days. In any case, he will not face LOSC. He will hope to be back for the final game of the season, against RC Strasbourg Alsace… and also for the FIFA World Cup this summer.

Advertisement

Pocognoli says Pogba must build a ‘physical foundation’

One player who could once again start is Paul Pogba. The former Manchester United and Juventus midfielder started his first game in three years against FC Metz last weekend. He played sixty minutes, the most minutes he has played in a single match for four years.

I think he can grow in strength. If a player plays for the first time after so much time out, it is the same logic for a player that is coming back after two or three months out. You have to build that physical foundation. We can see him develop,”  said the Monaco manager in a press conference attended by  Get French Football News.

His team-mate, Thilo Kehrer , added,  In the second match, the body adapts. I am convinced that he can build on that. He has a very strong mentality. Having seen him this week, the game time and having started a match have given him energy.”

GFFN | Luke Entwistle – reporting from  Monaco

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mobilize your Website
View Site in Mobile | Classic
Share by: